How we help
The Ecycle Solutions mission is to build a long term diversified, commercially viable and sustainable recycling business by leveraging off the key strengths of the QLS Group.
The Battery Stewardship Scheme is a industry-led voluntary recycling scheme governed by the not-for-profit Battery Stewardship Council. Australian Competition and Consumer Commission approved scheme for the next 5 years.
- Increasing demand for battery powered products
- Corresponding demand for batteries with little consideration for cost of collection or recycling
- Limited supply of battery materials
- Batteries can contain toxic and volatile materials which can become a problem when left in landfill
- Current recycling options are very limited for the public, retail and businesses
- Community wants to see responsible management of used batteries
Scheme Collected Batteries
End of life batteries from households and businesses:
- Mixed batteries
- Alkaline — primary (single use)
- Button cell
- Lithium – primary (single use)
- Li-lon – secondary (rechargeable)
- Nickel Cadmium (NiCd)
- Flow Batteries
- Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH)
- Sodium Nickel Chloride (NaNiCl2)
- Aqueous Hybrid Batteries
- Energy Storage Batteries
- Mercury Batteries
Excludes Lead Acid and damaged or corroded.
Batteries must be in good condition.